Public Posting Requirement of Grant Information for Higher Education Emergency Relief Fund (HEERF) Grantees (6/30/2022)
July 12, 2022
- An acknowledgement that the institution signed and returned to the Department the Certification and Agreement and the assurance that the institution has used the applicable amount of funds designated under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students.
The College signed and returned to the Department of Education the Certification and Agreement establishing its intend to participate in this program. The College intends to use the applicable amount of the funds received under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs to provide Emergency Financial Aid Grants to students.
- The total amount of funds that the institution will receive or has received from the Department pursuant to the institution’s Certification and Agreement for Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs.
- The total amount of Emergency Financial Aid Grants distributed to students under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs as of the date of submission (i.e., as of the initial report and every calendar quarter thereafter).
- The estimated total number of students at the institution that are eligible to receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants to Students under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs.
- The total number of students who have received an Emergency Financial Aid Grant to students under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs.
- The method(s) used by the institution to determine which students receive Emergency Financial Aid Grants and how much they would receive under the CRRSAA and ARP (a)(1) and (a)(4) programs.
All students seeking grants from applicable funding were required to fill out an application and provide responses to a series of questions to assess levels of need demonstrated. All students enrolled in the spring semester of 2022 were invited to fill out an application. A rubric was developed to quantify the demonstrated need based on the responses of the applicants. Funding levels were set based of the number of eligible applications received. Applications meeting eligibility requirements that had classes scheduled in the Spring semester of 2022 were ranked using the aforementioned rubric and students received awards at one of the four levels based on need demonstrated within their application. A specific award was provided to all students that were determined to b Pell-eligible, without regard to whether they filled out an application. Smaller grants are expected to be provided to awarded students who are enrolled in classes in the Summer 2022 semester, and an additional distribution is expected to be made to awarded students enrolled in the Fall 2022 semester. Further distributions may be tied to a new application process to ensure all students with need will receive funding. Should these processes change, updates will be provided in future postings.
- Any instructions, directions, or guidance provided by the institution to students concerning the Emergency Financial Aid Grants.
Instructions regarding the application process and funding were posted on the Middlesex College website at: middlesexcollege.edu/coronavirus/crrsaa-funding-for-students-application-available. Students were also informed of the availability of the application via text message. Students received a link to the application through their College email, and a reminder was sent to students that had not completed the application as of 72 hours prior to the deadline. Students not completing the application were also notified of the March 26th deadline via email. The application was available to students from March 10th through March 26th.