The Liberal Arts English Program helps students learn how to unlock the power of words to change minds, clarify confusion, mobilize action, and even fund dreams.
Studying English can empower you with the skills essential for success in any field.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Demonstrate the ability to paraphrase, summarize, evaluate, and analyze texts by composing coherent grammatical, persuasive, and well-developed essays.
- Compose a research paper demonstrating the ability to analyze, evaluate and synthesize source materials and to cite information correctly.
- Demonstrate understanding of the formal features of literary texts.
- Interpret literature both orally and in witting.
- Demonstrate how literature informs our understanding of ourselves and others.
Students must demonstrate Algebra I competency before taking courses in the major. Algebra I competency may be verified with a passing score on the College’s placement test or by completing the appropriate class. Students must also have a grade of “C” or better in one year of high school laboratory science.