The Computer & Information Systems option leads to the Associate in Applied Science Degree in Computer Science. Through a cooperative education program, students can gain work experience and earn college credits during their studies at Middlesex College.
Students learn object oriented programming in C++ or Java and event driven programming in Visual Basic, client/server architecture, analysis & design of database systems, networking technologies, Windows and LINUX System Administration.
Graduates of the program will be able to:
- Apply problem solving techniques to understand and develop small programs.
- Install, configure, maintain, and troubleshoot Windows operating systems.
- Explain basic networking concepts and models.
- Explain the fundamentals of computer security.
- Install and configure private cloud using MS Hyper – V, MSQL and Web server.
Students must demonstrate Algebra II competency with a passing score on the College’s placement test or by completing the appropriate course. Students must also have a grade of “C” or better in algebra II and geometry.